Friday, October 13, 2006

Days Fourteen through Seventeen

I was initially excited about going 2 Atlanta ... not because of the three days of classes I had 2 sit through, but because I was going 2 go party in a new town. Couldn't wait 2 meet some Hotlanta boys. Well, imagine my surprise when I found out that our hotel was a good 30 minute drive from civilization! I'm talking $40 in a cab, one way. Not only that, I didn't have internet. And I really couldn't go party with my co-workers, as cool as they are. Don't know how they feel about the whole gay thing yet, I'm still discovering that one.

Anyhoo, the Atlanta airport is fucking HUGE. On our trek to claim our baggage, we passed this fantastic African Art exhibit. Not the kind of thing U'd expect 2 see in an airport. My camera was packed away unfortunately or else I'd have taken tons of pics.

The classes were actually really good. I definitely learned a lot and will be able to do my job a lot better now, which in turn means I will make more money. Yay for me, only it's still not something that I love ... however, it's ok. I don't mind it so much. I can do this for awhile.

The only thing near our hotel was Ruby Tuesdays. Needless 2 say they saw a lot of us!

Met this really cool chick at the class named Kenya who was an Atlanta native. She offered to take me into the city to show me around. I just wanted to go to the gay bars, but what could I say? So, we hopped on "the Marta" and she took me to a place called the Underground. S-H-A-D-Y! It was basically deserted except for the occasional lurkers who looked like they were scoping u out. When we finally found civilization, I thought we'd lucked out. There seemed to be a lot of people all hanging out in this huge park in the middle of downtown. I thought something may have been going on later. I asked her, "what are all those people out for? What's going on tonight?" She looked at me and tried not 2 laugh and said, "They're homeless!" Damn, Gina! I wanna go back home!

So, we eventually found a bar, had a nice little drink/chat and went on back out to the hotel. I was tired and read' 2 go by then anyway.

The next night I'd had it. I didn't care that it cost me $80. I got a cab and I went 2 a place called Blakes on the Park. As soon as I walked in I felt like I was at home! Why are all gay bars anywhere U go basically the same? It could have been Central Station ... only the guys were cuter and it was more crowded for a Wed. night. I sat alone, happy as can be and didn't talk 2 anyone. Finally, some nice guy started talking to me. It was his birthday. He introduced me 2 everyone, and I mean he knew EVERYONE ... even the woman who was a drag queen who was a Janet Jackson impersonator ... and I got drunk. Good times. Well, it was good times til I started talking to this guy at the bar who's Dad was dying. Damn, he laid it on me. I'm a very empathetic person so I felt really bad 4 him. I HAD 2 drink more.

The guy who's name I unfortunately can't remember now, offered 2 take me 2 some other bars, but it was late and I was drunk and had to be up for another long day of training in 5 hours, so I hopped in the cab and sped back to the hotel. Yes, I believe I slept 4 the whole ride.

The next day was by far the longest day of them all. Class seemed to go on 4ever, we went straight 2 the airport, hung out there for about 4 or 5 hours ... by the time I got home it was almost ten. I ate some din din and passed the fuck out.

Atlanta was not the "Hotlanta" I had hoped 4 ... but I'm sure it will be cuz next time I go, it won't be on business!

"Is that your car? The SK-8? R U riding alone? Can I be your date?" - Missy Elliot, Hot Boys

Check out Saturn on I-Tunes!
Get Saturn's CDs at CDBaby!
Check out Saturn on MySpace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home